General Engineering Company’s structural engineering department houses a group of skilled engineers, project managers, and drafters that work with a wide variety of clients, both public and private, to provide structural engineering services for residential and commercial projects.
Focuses on structural design and drafting of residential and commercial structures using wood, steel, concrete, and fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP) materials. We work closely with architects, developers, contractors, government officials, owners, and other stakeholders to provide safe and effective design for structural systems.
Focuses on evaluation of existing structures for retrofit, repair/rehabilitation, and/or safety and stability. Our focus is providing clients with concise and accurate information on the condition of existing infrastructure, as well as recommendations on repairs, improvements, or feasibility studies.
General Engineering Company’s structural engineering department provides a wide range of structural design services, drawing on decades of collective experience to serve our clients. Our experience includes projects in:
- Challenge courses and ziplines
- Waterslides and natatoriums
- Local government facilities
- Single- and multi-family residential
- Grocery and retail
- Post-frame and agricultural
General Engineering Company’s structural engineering department provides a wide range of structural inspection services, using a mix of design experience, hands-on evaluation, and careful engineering judgement to evaluate a wide variety of structures, big and small. Our inspection experience includes projects in:
- Forensic investigations
- Structural condition assessments
- Post-emergency safety inspections
- Feasibility and adaptive reuse evaluations
- Real estate transaction inspections, e.g.,
- Property Condition Assessments (PCA) per ASTM E2018-15,
- Pre-closing structural inspections,
- Cost estimating for structural repair or rehabilitation,
- Manufactured home foundation inspections,