Forms & Resources
GEC is happy to provide information, helpful links, and other resources to assist you throughout your project.
Whether you would like to apply for a building permit, are looking for state codes, or need guidance to get through designing an addition, we have you covered.
Online Permit Applications
We are excited to announce the availability of our new Online Permit Application. This new feature will allow contractors and homeowners to submit for new permits online any time day or night.
This portal is for electronic submission of your building permit application and related documents. Prior to submitting, gather the following as needed for your specific permit:
- Parcel Number
- Zoning Permit Number
- Sanitary Permit Number
- Electronic Copy of all Plans
- Contractor information, including License Number(s) and Expiration Date(s)
Follow these steps for electronic submission of your building permit application:
- Click this button to start your application
- Upload plans and other required documentation for your permit.
- “Submit” your application for review – you will receive an email once your application is submitted.
Once your application is submitted, the following will happen:
- The Inspector will review and request more information or accept the application for further processing.
- Once the application is accepted, the Inspector will complete a detailed review, and follow up with remaining question with the goal of approving your application.
- Once approved, you will be notified your permit is ready and what, if any, remaining payment is required.
As a reminder, no work should begin until you have an approved permit. Please direct any questions to your local building inspector.
Still have questions or need more information?
Click Here for complete Building Inspection information and resources.