December 14, 2020
Job Opening: Structural Technician
General Engineering Company is seeking an experienced Structural Technician. This position is responsible for all intermediate functions associated with the creation, design, and maintenance of structural engineering related projects and project plan sets. Familiarity with IBC Codes and construction experience is preferred. All technical work is preformed under moderate direct supervision and is reviewed upon completion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Employ your knowledge of the latest Revit software systems while using existing drawings, field notes, field surveys, property descriptions, construction notes, aerial images, and electronic file data to develop preliminary and final plans, cross sections, details, and other documents.
- Apply intermediate engineering concepts and company standards while drafting and designing.
- Confer with supervising engineer or project manager regularly to determine and/or clarify project details.
- Create and revise project plan sets as instructed by the supervising engineer or project manager.
- Consult with supervising engineer about any regulations, products specifications and other specifics that may affect the project design.
- Analyze and solve engineering related problems and perform representative engineering computations with moderate direction from the supervising engineer or project manager.
- Perform project related research with minimal direction from the supervising engineer or project manager.
- Education and/or experience: Two-year in Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering, or related field; Minimum 1-2 years of Revit technician experience. Auto CAD experience is preferred, but not required.
- Engineering: Moderate knowledge of the practical application of structural engineering principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to design and produce structural engineering related plans and documents.
- Technology: Proficient knowledge of Revit and Microsoft Office software, with Auto CAD experience being preferred, but not required. Complete understanding and working knowledge of printing, copying, and plotting equipment.
- Quality Control: Ability to complete tasks on a deadline while maintaining accurate, professional, and standardized results.
- Time Management: Ability to manage one's own time, multi-task, and prioritize while working under pressure. Ability to coordinate with a team to accomplish tasks for deadlines.
- Comprehension: Skills associated with active listening, reading, and critical thinking. Ability to interpret electronic information, project mark-ups, contour drawings, aerial mapping, and construction plans.
Interested parties should send a resume and a cover letter to:
General Engineering Company
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 340
Portage, WI 53901
or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
General Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.