Civil Staff Engineer I
Apply For This Open Career Position
General Engineering Company is seeking a Civil Staff Engineer I.
SUMMARY: This is an entry-level technician position that is responsible for all routine functions associated with the creation and maintenance of civil engineering related drawings and construction plans. All technical work is performed under direct supervision and is reviewed upon completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Employ your knowledge of the latest AutoCAD and Civil 3D software systems while using existing drawings, field notes, field surveys, property descriptions, construction notes, aerial images and electronic file data to develop preliminary and final plans, topographic and base maps, contour maps, site layouts and other documents.
- Utilize Civil 3D software for basic functions such as creating surfaces, alignments, profiles, project plan sets and for basic site design (with supervision).
- Create & revise project plan sets as instructed by the supervising engineer or project manager.
- Apply basic civil engineering concepts and company standards while drafting.
- Confer with supervising engineer or project manager regularly to determine and/or clarify project details.
- Analyze and solve engineering related problems and perform representative engineering computations under direct supervision of the supervising engineer or project manager.
- Perform project related research with moderate direction from the supervising engineer or project manager
REQUIREMENTS: Successful performance of this job requires satisfactory performance of all essential duties and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Education and/or experience: High School diploma or equivalent; Two-year degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology or related field required.
- Engineering: Basic knowledge of the practical application of civil engineering principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to produce civil engineering related plans and documents.
- Technology: Intermediate knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microsoft Office software. Moderate understanding and working knowledge of printing, copying, and plotting equipment.
- Quality Control: Ability to complete tasks on a deadline while maintaining accurate, professional, and standardized results.
- Time Management: Ability to manage one’s own time, multi-task, and prioritize while working under pressure. Ability to coordinate with a team to accomplish tasks for deadlines.
- Comprehension: Skills associated with active listening, reading, and critical thinking. Ability to interpret electronic information, project mark-ups, contour drawings, aerial mapping, and construction plans.