General Engineering Company is looking for a Structural Staff Engineer I, an entry-level engineering position that is responsible for all basic functions associated with the creation, design, and maintenance of structural engineering-related projects and project plan sets. All technical work is performed under extensive supervision and is reviewed upon completion. Salary is industry competitive, but will be based on qualifications. An outstanding benefit package is available.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Employ your knowledge of the latest EnerCalc, RAM Elements, RISA, MathCAD, AutoCAD and Revit software systems to complete structural designs of buildings, towers, amusement attraction towers, trusses, etc.
- Utilize structural programs to create designs with a variety of materials for clients with the direction and approval of supervising engineering or project manager.
- Confer with supervising engineer or project manager regularly to determine and/or clarify project details and design objectives.
- Revise project plan sets as instructed by the supervising engineer or project manager.
- Perform onsite observations of ongoing construction projects as directed and report back to supervising engineer or project manager.
- Analyze and solve engineering-related problems and perform representative engineering computations with substantial direction from the supervising engineer or project manager.
- Perform project-related research, collect data, and interpret information with moderate direction from the supervising engineer or project manager.
- Attend municipal meetings and meetings with clients, if required.
- Education and/or Experience: Four-year degree in Civil Engineering or related field is required. Must also have passed the EIT exam.
- Engineering: Basic knowledge of the practical application of civil engineering principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to design and produce civil engineering-related plans and documents.
- Technology: Moderate knowledge of MathCAD, AutoCAD, EnerCalc, Revit, and Microsoft Office software. Basic understanding and working knowledge of printing, copying, and plotting equipment. Basic understanding of specialized engineering software, such as RAM Elements and RISA.
- Quality Control: Ability to complete tasks on a deadline while maintaining accurate, professional, and standardized results.
- Comprehension: Skills associated with active listening, reading, and critical thinking. Ability to interpret electronic information, project mark-ups, contour drawings, aerial mapping, and construction plans.
- Time Management: Ability to manage one’s own time, multi-task, and prioritize while working under pressure. Ability to coordinate with a team to accomplish tasks for deadlines.
Interested parties should send a resume and a cover letter to:
General Engineering Company
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 340
Portage, WI 53901
or e-mail to email@example.com
General Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.