General Engineering Company is looking for a Civil Engineering Technician I at our Portage Office. This is a non-entry level position that is responsible for all routine functions associated with the creation and maintenance of civil engineering-related drawings and construction plans. Must possess at least an Associate Degree in a related field, basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD/Civil 3D design is required. Salary is industry competitive, but will be based on qualifications. An outstanding benefit package is available.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Employ your knowledge of the latest AutoCAD and Civil 3D software systems while using existing drawings, field notes, field surveys, property descriptions, construction notes, aerial images, and electronic field data to develop preliminary and final plans, topographic and base maps, contour maps, site layouts, and other documents.
- Utilize Civil 3D software for basic and intermediate functions, such as creating surfaces, alignments, profiles, project plan sets, and for basic site design (with some supervision).
- Create and revise project plan sets as instructed by the supervising engineer or project manager.
- Confer with supervising engineer or project manager regularly to determine and/or clarify project details.
- Analyze and solve engineering-related problems and perform representative engineering computations under direct supervision of the supervising engineer or project manager.
- Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or equivalent; Two-year degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related field required. 1 to 2 years of CAD Technician experience a plus, but not required.
- Engineering: Basic to intermediate knowledge of the practical application of civil engineering principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to produce civil engineering-related plans and documents.
- Technology: Intermediate knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office software. Moderate understanding and working knowledge of printing, copying, and plotting equipment.
- Quality Control: Ability to complete tasks on a deadline while maintaining accurate, professional, and standardized results.
- Time Management: Ability to manage one’s own time, multi-task, and prioritize while working under pressure. Ability to coordinate with a team to accomplish tasks for deadlines.
- Comprehension: Skills associated with active listening, reading, and critical thinking. Ability to interpret electronic information, project mark-ups, contour drawings, aerial mapping, and construction plans.
Interested parties should send a resume and a cover letter to:
General Engineering Company
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 340
Portage, WI 53901
or e-mail to email@example.com
General Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.