General Engineering Company is looking for an Accounting Administrative Assistant/Receptionist at our Portage Office. This staff position is responsible for providing assistance to the Accounting & Benefits Coordinator, administrative and professional staff. All administrative work is performed with moderate supervision and direction from the Accounting & Benefits Coordinator, Administrative Assistants, and Project Managers. Wages are industry competitive, but will be based on qualifications. An outstanding benefit package is available.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Record all incoming checks/deposits and enter all necessary information into the designated accounting system (currently Ajera).
- Assist the Accounting & Benefits Coordinator with company credit card reconciliations, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, expense reports, client statements, and various filing needs.
- Answer incoming calls and greet visitors with a professional and friendly attitude.
- Assist clients with invoice payments, both in person and on the phone.
- Maintain a clean and organized appearance of the front office area and conference rooms at all times.
- Maintain Public Folders area of Microsoft Outlook (conference room schedules, vacations, etc.).
- Scan reports, plan sets, maps, etc. as directed by engineers, project managers, or administrative staff.
- Assist with the creation of PowerPoint presentations as directed by the administrative and engineering staff members.
- Assist with various marketing projects as directed by management.
- Provide other administrative support to the administrative and professional staff as necessary.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required; Two-year Administrative Assistant or Accounting degree or related field also required. Previous clerical and accounting experience in a technical environmental is beneficial.
- Technology: Moderate knowledge of Microsoft Office software preferred, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Quality Control: Ability to complete tasks on a deadline while maintaining accurate, professional, and standardized results.
- Comprehension: Skills associated with active listening, reading, and critical thinking. Ability to interpret memos, correspondence, submissions, mailed documents, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution. General awareness and understanding of departmental budgets and expense limits as set by the management team.
- Time Management: Ability to manage one’s own time, multi-task, and prioritize while working under pressure. Ability to coordinate with a team to accomplish tasks for deadlines.
Interested parties should send a resume and a cover letter to:
General Engineering Company
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 340
Portage, WI 53901
or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
General Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.