This week the parent company of Wilderness Resorts and Waterparks broke ground on their newest family entertainment venture. General Engineering Company is trilled to be providing Civil Engineering services for this exciting project. Soaky Mountain Waterpark will be a massive, 50-acre waterpark, with an anticipated opening date in the Summer of 2020.
Located just minutes from the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and adjacent to Wilderness at the Smokies Resort, this family focused park will boast some of the best and newest innovations in waterpark thrills. Visit their website, SoakyMountainWaterpark.com, to get a video preview of this coming attraction!
Highlighted features of the Soaky Mountain Waterpark will be:
- 35,000 square foot wave pool, capable of generating waves up to six feet high
- 24,000 square foot winding wave river
- Kids themed play-and-spray feature with multiple slides
- Kid-friendly activity pool with smaller version of other towering slides found throughout the park
- Adventure pool with a water obstacle course
- Flat-water cabana pool for relaxing poolside
- Double FlowRider
- Four large slide complexes