General Engineering Company is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor that is responsible for performing and supervising all advanced technical functions associated with land surveying. All work is performed without supervision. Full project responsibility is assumed by the Professional Land Surveyor.
Potential candidates should have obtained a two-year degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology or related field; Minimum 4 years of field technician experience and/or demonstrated proficiency of all Field Technician and Crew Chief responsibilities. Demonstrated leadership and project coordination abilities. Successful completion of the requirements for land surveying in training and registration as a Professional Land Surveyor in the State of Wisconsin is required. Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License required for driving company vehicles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare job proposal contracts and cost estimates.
- Collect and evaluate field data for various surveying tasks such as establishing legal boundaries or computing property corners to be set.
- Operate Total Station, GPS, theodolite and levels for various surveying, locating, data collection and construction work.
- Operate and maintain survey equipment to GEC standards.
- Attend municipal meetings as required for the approval of a survey.
- Maintain section corner tie sheets.
- Prepare Certified Survey Maps (CSM), Plat of Surveys and ALTA Surveys.
- Prepare floodplain determinations and FEMA Letter of Map Amendments.
- Prepare subdivision (preliminary and final) and condominium plats.
- Prepare topographic Survey.
- Perform courthouse and on-line project research as required.
- Oversee the field technician staff when establishing lines and grades and placing grade stakes.
- Oversee the civil engineering technician staff for the completion of surveying projects.
- Oversee the billing process of all surveying projects.
- Develop and maintain contacts with clients including realtors, attorneys, developers, etc.
- Utilize Civil 3D software or similar for uploading field data into various electronic base sites for project development; create surfaces and CAD line work as necessary.
- Perform various surveying and field work calculations as necessary.
Coordinate with the Project Engineers/Project Managers for the completion of field projects. Supervise the field technicians for the completion of project-related tasks. Confer with staff members for project-related research as necessary.
Successful performance of this job requires satisfactory performance of all essential duties and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Education and/or experience: Two-year degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology or related field; Minimum 4 years of field technician experience and/or demonstrated proficiency of all Field Technician and Crew Chief responsibilities; Demonstrated leadership and project coordination abilities. Successful completion of the requirements for land surveying in training and registration as a Professional Land Surveyor in the State of Wisconsin is required. A valid Wisconsin Driver’s License required.
- Engineering/Surveying: Advanced knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in surveying and engineering. Advanced knowledge of the practical application of civil engineering and surveying principles, calculations, techniques, procedures, and equipment. Complete understanding of field work and surveying procedures.
- Technology: Advanced knowledge of working with a robotic Total Station and GPS. Basic working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office software.
- Quality Control: Ability to coordinate the completion of tasks on a deadline while maintaining accurate, professional, and standardized results.
- Comprehension: Skills associated with active listening, reading, and critical thinking. Ability to interpret electronic information, project mark-ups, contour drawings, aerial mapping, and construction plans. Ability to understand the survey approval process.
- Time Management: Ability to manage one’s own time and coordinate with a team to accomplish tasks for deadlines. Ability to multi-task and prioritize while working under pressure. Ability to coordinate with a team to accomplish tasks for deadlines.
- The employee will work both indoors and outdoors to coordinate and complete field surveying projects.
- The employee is required to sit at a desk and operate a computer and/or work outdoors for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to operate company vehicles as required.
- This position requires frequent communication and interaction with co-workers and project managers at various locations within the office.
- The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- The employee must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- This position is subject to outside environmental conditions including extreme temperatures, hazards and atmospheric conditions.
p style=”text-align: center;”>Interested parties should send a resume and a cover letter to:
General Engineering Company
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 340
Portage, WI 53901
or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
General Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.