GEC is seeking an entry level position for a college graduate with a degree in Architecture. This position is responsible for the development of designs, drawing and coordinating all tasks associated with the creation and maintenance of architectural and engineering related drawings and construction plans. The majority of technical work is performed under minimal to moderate supervision and requires strong problem solving abilities. Proficiency in REVIT, Sketchup and Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Potential candidates should have obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Architectural Design or related Field; Minimum 2 years of CAD and/or REVIT experience and/or demonstrated proficiency. Salary is industry competitive, but will be based on qualifications. An outstanding benefits package is available. Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply advanced architectural concepts and company standards while drawing and designing.
- Visit job sites to compile measurements and gather other project related research as necessary.
- Perform onsite observations of ongoing construction projects and report back to supervising engineer or project manager.
- Prepare and assemble bidding documents with supervision from the supervising engineer or project coordinator.
- Perform minimal construction contract/bidding administration under the direct supervision of the supervising engineer or project manager.
- Perform project related research as necessary with minimal direction from the supervising engineer or project manager.
- May be responsible for designing certain aspects of the project under moderate supervision.
- Confer with the supervising engineer or project manager regularly to determine procedures and instructions to be followed according to design specs and to clarify project details.
- Follow architectural standards when completing architectural drawings.
- Attend meetings with clients with direct supervision from the supervising engineer or project coordinator.
- Develop 3-dimentional renderings of buildings with minimal supervision.
Successful performance of this job requires satisfactory performance of all essential duties and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Education and/or experience: Four-year degree in Architectural Design or related field; Minimum 2 years of CAD and/or REVIT experience and/or demonstrated proficiency. Classwork may substitute for experience. Additional certifications may be required to perform inspections. Demonstrated leadership and project coordination abilities.
- Architecture: Advanced knowledge of the practical application of architectural and construction principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment used to design and produce architectural related plans and documents.
- Technology: Advanced knowledge of REVIT software and/or other architectural related software programs, and Microsoft Office software. Complete understanding and working knowledge of printing, copying and plotting equipment.
- Quality Control: Ability to coordinate with the technical, administrative and engineering staff to complete tasks on a deadline while maintaining accurate, professional and standardized results.
- Time Management: Ability to manage one’s own time, multi-task, and prioritize while working under pressure. Ability to coordinate with a team to accomplish tasks for deadlines.
- Presentation: Ability to plan & present technical information to contractors, clients, and fellow staff with clear delivery and factual representation.
- Comprehension: Skills associated with active listening, reading, and critical thinking. Ability to interpret electronic information, project mark-ups, contour drawings , aerial mapping and construction plans.
Interested parties should send a resume and a cover letter to:
General Engineering Company
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 340
Portage, WI 53901
or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
General Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.