In July 2009, in response to the severe flooding of 2007 and 2008, the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources made changes to their statutes regarding dam safety. Large-dam owners are required to hire professional engineering consultants to perform dam inspections once every two to ten years, depending on the hazard rating of their dam. For more information on the DNR’s updates you can visit their Dam Safety page.
General Engineering Company has been involved in dam inspection, design, reconstruction and rehabilitation for over 60 years. GEC offers professional dam engineering services for large and small dams in Wisconsin. Expert structural engineers are on staff and prepared to provide any dam services you require.
- Dam Failure Analysis
- Emergency Action Plans (EAP)
- Inspection, Operation and Maintenance Plans (IOM)
- Grant & Funding Procurement, Research and Administration
- On-Site Investigation, Cost Estimating and Analysis
- Dam Rehabilitation, Recommendations and Design
- Construction Coordination of Dam Repairs
- New Dam Design and Planning
- Regulatory Agency Permitting and Expertise
- Floodplain Services