Online Permit Forms
We are excited to announce the availability of our new Online Permit Application. This new feature will allow contractors and homeowners to submit for new permits online any time day or night.
This portal is for electronic submission of your building permit application and related documents. Prior to submitting, gather the following as needed for your specific permit:
- Parcel Number
- Zoning Permit Number
- Sanitary Permit Number
- Electronic Copy of all Plans
- Contractor information, including License Number(s) and Expiration Date(s)
Follow these steps for electronic submission of your building permit application:
- Click on this link to start your application: GEC Online Building Permit Applications.
- Upload plans and other required documentation for your permit.
- “Submit” your application for review – you will receive an email once your application is submitted.
Once your application is submitted, the following will happen:
- The Inspector will review and request more information or accept the application for further processing.
- Once the application is accepted, the Inspector will complete a detailed review, and follow up with remaining question with the goal of approving your application.
- Once approved, you will be notified your permit is ready and what, if any, remaining payment is required.
As a reminder, no work should begin until you have an approved permit. Please direct any questions to your local building inspector.
PDF Permit Forms
General Building Permit Application* (Fillable PDF)
UDC Building Permit Application* (New One and Two-Family Dwellings Only) (Fillable PDF)
*Some municipalities will not accept the general application forms on this website. Please check with your municipality to ensure you have completed the appropriate forms for your permit application.