General Engineering is seeking a full time entry-level Civil Engineer that is responsible for all basic functions associated with project development, site design, and the creation of construction plans. All technical work is performed under extensive supervision and is reviewed upon completion.
Potential candidates should have obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering. Salary is industry competitive, but will be based on qualifications. An outstanding benefits package is available. Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Employ your knowledge of the latest AutoCAD and Civil 3D software systems while using existing drawings, field notes, field surveys, property descriptions, construction notes, aerial images and electronic file data to develop preliminary and final plans, topographic and base maps, contour maps, site layouts and other documents.
- Utilize Civil 3D software for basic & advanced functions such as creating surfaces, creating alignments, cutting profiles, creating cross sections, designing pipe layouts, performing earthwork analysis, generating plan sets, and for overall site design.
- Utilize HydroCAD and WinSLAMM software for basic & intermediate hydrology functions.
- Confer with supervising engineer or project manager regularly to determine and/or clarify project details and design objectives.
- Apply civil engineering concepts and company standards while drafting and designing.
- Revise project plan sets as instructed by the supervising engineer or project manager.
- Visit job sites to perform various inspections as directed by the supervising engineer or project manager.
- Perform onsite observations of ongoing construction projects as directed and report back to supervising engineer or project manager.
- Assist field crew and/or surveying crew as directed.
- Analyze and solve engineering-related problems and perform representative engineering computations with substantial direction form the supervising engineer of project manager.
- Perform project-related research, collect data and interpret information with moderate direction from the supervising engineer or project manager.
- Attend Municipal meetings and meetings with clients if required.
Successful performance of this job requires satisfactory performance of all essential duties and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Education and/or experience: Four-year degree in Civil Engineering or related field. Must have passed the EIT exam.
- Engineering: Basic knowledge of the practical application of civil engineering principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to design and produce civil engineering related plans and documents.
- Technology: Moderate knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microsoft Office software. Basic understanding and working knowledge of printing, copying, and plotting equipment. Basic understanding of specialized engineering software such as HydroCAD, WaterCAD and WinSLAMM. Basic understanding of Internet related platforms such as GIS applications & functions.
- Quality Control: Ability to complete tasks on a deadline while maintaining accurate, professional and standardized results.
- Comprehension: Skills associated with active listening, reading, and critical thinking. Ability to interpret electronic information, project mark-ups, contour drawings, aerial mapping, and construction plans.
- Time Management: Ability to manage one’s own time, multi-task, and prioritize while working under pressure. Ability to coordinate with a team to accomplish tasks for deadlines.
Interested parties should send a resume and a cover letter to:
General Engineering Company
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 340
Portage, WI 53901
or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
General Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.