General Engineering Company is seeking an experienced technician that is responsible for all intermediate functions associated with the creation, design, and maintenance of structural engineering related projects and project plan sets. All technical work is performed under moderate direct supervision and is reviewed upon completion.
Potential candidates should have obtained a two-year degree in Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering, or related field; Minimum 1-2 years of CAD/Revit technician experience. Salary is industry competitive, but will be based on qualifications. An outstanding benefits package is available. Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilites:
- Employ your knowledge of the latest AutoCAD and Revit software systems while using existing drawings, field notes, field surveys, property descriptions, construction notes, aerial images and electronic file data to develop preliminary and final plans, cross sections, details and other documents.
- Apply intermediate engineering concepts and company standards while drafting and designing.
- Confer with supervising engineer or project manager regularly to determine and/or clarify project details.
- Create and revise project plan sets as instructed by the supervising engineer or project manager.
- Consult the supervising engineer about any regulations, product specifications and other specifics that may affect the project design.
- Analyze and solve engineering related problems and perform representative engineering computations with moderate direction from the supervising engineer or project manager.
- Perform project related research with minimal direction from the supervising engineer or project manager.
Successful performance of this job requires satisfactory performance of all essential duties and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Education and/or experience: Two-year degree in Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering, or related field; Minimum 1-2 years of CAD/Revit technician experience.
- Engineering: Moderate knowledge of the practical application of structural engineering principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to design and produce structural engineering related plans and documents.
- Technology: Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit, Microsoft Office software. Complete understanding and working knowledge of printing, copying, and plotting equipment.
- Quality Control: Ability to complete tasks on a deadline while maintaining accurate, professional, and standardized results.
- Time Management: Ability to manage one’s own time, multi-task, and prioritize while working under pressure. Ability to coordinate with a team to accomplish tasks for deadlines.
Interested parties should send a resume and a cover letter to:
General Engineering Company
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 340
Portage, WI 53901
or e-mail to email@example.com
General Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.