General Engineering Company is seeking a candidate to fill a LT position, responsible for assisting with all routine functions associated with surveying, fieldwork, CAD drafting, and office technician work. All technical work is performed under extensive supervision and is reviewed upon completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Assist with the gathering and compilation of field data for layout of roads, sidewalks, curb & gutter, paving, utilities and buildings.
- Establish lines and grades; Place grade stakes.
- Operate Total Station, GPS, theodolite and levels for various land surveying, data collection and construction surveying projects.
- Utilize Civil 3D software for uploading field data into various electronic base sites for project development; create surfaces and CAD line work as necessary.
- Perform various calculations and field activities under the direct supervision as necessary.
- Keep field notes of readings and observations.
- Employ your knowledge of the latest AutoCAD and Civil 3D software systems while using existing drawings, field notes, field surveys, property descriptions, construction notes, aerial images and electronic file data to develop preliminary and final plans, topographic and base maps, contour maps, site layouts and other documents when performing office technician work.
- Occasionally revise project plan sets as instructed by staff engineer/project engineer when performing office technician work.
Interested parties should send a resume and a cover letter to:
General Engineering Company
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 340
Portage, WI 53901
or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
General Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.