General Engineering Company is seeking an experienced Architectural Technician that is responsible for drafting and coordinating all tasks associated with the creation and maintenance of architectural drawings and construction plans utilizing REVIT 2015. The majority of technical work is performed under moderate supervision. Senior Architectural Staff will assume partial responsibility for all work performed and project tasks completed.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Employ your knowledge of the latest REVIT software systems (and/or related software) while using existing drawings, field notes, field surveys, property descriptions, construction notes and electronic file data to develop preliminary drawings, final drawings and other project-related documents.
- Visit job sites to compile measurements and gather other project-related research as directed.
- Visit project sites, perform inspections and complete inspection reports as instructed by the supervising architect or project coordinator.
- Complete project plans and other necessary documents for state submittal packages with moderate direction from the supervising architect or project coordinator.
- Revise project plan sets as instructed by the supervising architect or project coordinator.
- Consult the supervising architect or project coordinator about any regulations, building codes, product specifications and other specifics that may affect the project design.
- Analyze and solve architectural and construction-related problems and perform architectural computations with moderate direction from the supervising architect or project coordinator.
- Attend meetings with clients with the direct supervision of the supervising architect or project coordinator.
- Coordinate with other technicians, administrative, engineering and architectural staff to complete project tasks. May be responsible for the occasional training and supervision for the Architectural Technician I staff.
- Two-Year degree in Architectural Design, Engineering Technology or related field; Minimum 1-2 years of REVIT and/or CAD Technician experience and/or demonstrated proficiency of the Architectural Technician I responsibilities. Previous experience (field experience and/or consultant work) in commercial construction documents preferred. Additional certifications may be required to perform inspections.
- Moderate knowledge of the practical application of architectural and construction principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment used to design and produce architectural-related plans and documents. Moderate understanding of related structural engineering, MEP systems, civil engineering and/or surveying procedures helpful.
- Advanced knowledge of REVIT, the Department of Energy software and/or other architectural-related software programs, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software. Complete understanding and working knowledge of printing, copying and plotting equipment.